When something goes wrong with your car or refrigerator do you try to ignore it as long as possible? We’d hope not! This can lead to serious problems down the road. The same applies to your air conditioner–ignoring problems with this system can and will lead to bigger problems down the road.
When your air conditioner needs to be fixed it is best to turn to a professional to get the job done. Having an expert complete your air conditioning repair in Cypress, TX is the best way to ensure you get the most effective service from it moving forward. Wondering what exactly might be wrong with your AC? Let’s go over some possibilities and their solutions.
5 Repairs Your AC Might Need
Here are some possible issues that your AC might be struggling with:
- You have a dirty evaporator coil: Over time, dirt and debris can get into your air conditioning system and collect along your evaporator coil. While this in itself cannot damage the coil it can start to cause problems such as hindering the heat absorption process. A dirty evaporator coil is best dealt with by a professional who can clean it off without harming it.
- You have a frozen evaporator coil: You may have had a dirty evaporator coil or a refrigerant leak that led to this. Ultimately, now you have a frozen evaporator coil. Your best bet is to turn off your AC to allow the evaporator coil to start to thaw out while scheduling repairs with a professional. A trained technician will be able to find the core issue and address it properly.
- You have leaky ductwork: Your ductwork is responsible for delivering the cool air that your AC produces. Small holes or leaks in your ductwork allow that cool air to escape before it reaches its ultimate destination. This will ruin your comfort and increase your energy bills until you have a professional check and seal or repair your ductwork.
- You have weak airflow INTO your AC: How long has it been since you changed your HP AC filter? If it has been several months you would do well to check and possibly change your filter. If the filter becomes too clogged with dirt it can hinder the airflow into your air conditioner which will make it harder for your system to cool the house and can have other adverse effects as well.
- You have a refrigerant leak: Refrigerant is a vital substance for your air conditioner. It is the chemical that allows the heat transfer process to occur. If you have a refrigerant leak it can lead to poor Cooling in your home along with other problems such as a frozen evaporator coil. If you suspect you have a refrigerant leak it is best to have a professional come by to check out your AC. If they find the leak they can patch it and provide you with a refrigerant recharge.
When something seems off in your air conditioner, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Contact Fresh Air, L.P. to schedule an appointment.