The window AC was a wonderful and innovative appliance when it was invented during the 50s. It revolutionized home cooling solutions because many central air conditioners available were too expensive to become commonplace. Central air conditioners required homes to be built with complex ventilation systems designed to accommodate them. Window units presented a far more affordable option for homeowners and made it easier for people to live comfortable lives in places like Katy.
Thankfully, today’s central air conditioners are far more accessible. If your home uses window units because it was built years ago without a ventilation system, you might think that window ACs are the only viable cooling solution for your home.
Fortunately, there is a better type of cooling system that you can use in your home: The ductless mini-split!
You can get a much better cooling system for your home that costs less to run and lasts a very long time. The ductless AC system is a highly advantageous option for cooling your home. Let us tell you why.
Advantages of a Ductless System vs. a Window AC
A ductless mini-split system is not a type of central cooling system. Ductless systems combine the benefits of a window AC and send cooled air directly into a part of your home without the need to use complex duct networks – all without the drawbacks of window units.
A ductless mini-split system consists of an external unit that houses the compressor, much like a central air conditioner. However, instead of connecting to a single indoor unit to provide cooling through ducts, it connects to multiple indoor units around the house.
These internal units come in the form of air handlers mounted on walls. They contain a refrigerant coil that lets them cool the air and blow it directly into the room. Some of the benefits that come with installing a ductless system over window units include:
- Most ductless air conditioners are heat pumps. It means that you can rely on the same system to keep your home cool during the summers and warm during the winters, all for the price of a single HVAC system.
- Ductless mini-split air conditioners are far more energy-efficient than window units because they use modern technology to keep your home cool.
- Like window units, each ductless mini-split air handler can operate separately from others, adding significant cost savings by reducing the energy bills.
- A single external unit from a ductless mini-split can connect to several air handlers, meaning you won’t need as much space as a central AC would require.
- Ductless mini-splits are designed to last a long time and do not require constant repairs, unlike old window air conditioners that constantly require upkeep.
Are You Looking to Install a Ductless Air Conditioner?
If you are ready to ditch the window unit and go ductless, you will need to hire professionals to come and install the new ductless mini-split system in your home. That is where we come in. The team at Fresh Air, LP provides installation and even air conditioning repair in Katy, TX for these systems.
Contact Fresh Air, LP today to learn more about our HVAC system services.