The number one reason we recommend that our customers have furnace maintenance done at least once a year is for safety. This is the most important factor there is to using any major appliance, especially those are powered by natural gas.
Unfortunately, though the risks are not as high as they used to be, there is the possibility that carbon monoxide can leak into your home when you use your heater. This is particularly true if it’s not maintained properly. And you aren’t completely risk free if you use an electric-powered system either—electrical fires are a very real risk.
The Importance of Your Furnace Inspection
Your furnace inspection is the most important part of your heating maintenance appointment. This inspection ensures that your heating system is safe to operate. It also allows you to have any issues repaired now rather than being stranded with a broken-down furnace in the middle of winter, when you need it the most.
Understandably, you may be wondering what exactly it is that technicians do during inspection. The following steps are just some that our professionally trained technicians take during your furnace inspection.
- Inspect the vent system for blockages or leaks. Problems of this nature can cause a safety switch to malfunction or can cause dangerous gases to back up into your home.
- Analyze combustion gases to make sure that your system is only producing as many byproducts as it should be.
- Inspect the heat exchanger for rust, corrosion, faulty installation, or anything else that may impede its performance.
- See that the burners are igniting as they should and the flame is the right color and size.
- Check to see that the flame sensor is functioning properly.
- Inspect electrical wiring for fraying.
- Conduct an amp-draw test on the blower motor.
- Check and potentially replace or clean filters (although, this should be done much more often than once or twice a year!)
Your Missouri City, TX furnace inspection is an integral part of your overall furnace maintenance appointment. To schedule yours today, simply contact the pros at Fresh Air, L.P.