The new year is a great time for fresh starts. Why not make this the year that your fresh start includes fresh air in your home?
One of the best ways to give your home comfort a boost (other than making sure your HVAC systems are working right) is to do something about your indoor air quality (IAQ). Our indoor air quality systems and services will clean up your home’s air so you can enjoy the best comfort possible.
The Role of Your Indoor Air Quality
Aside from the temperature of the air, the quality of the air in your home plays a huge role in your comfort. Have you ever been in a house that has dusty air? You can probably feel and smell that experience if you think about it. Poor IAQ can have a negative impact on your comfort even if your heater is doing everything right.
IAQ Systems and Services That Can Help
Let’s say you are struggling with dirty air or even air that you can feel is just too dry. These issues are going to hinder your comfort but there are solutions available to help you out. Here are some systems and services we provide that will help you get the fresh air you need to give your home a great start to the year:
- Air Filters: Air filters are not the same thing as the filters in your HVAC system. The filters in your heater or AC unit are meant to protect the internal components from dust and debris. Air filtration units work to improve your IAQ. They do this by capturing airborne contaminants like dust, dirt, pollen, fur, and other particles so they cannot reenter your home.
- Air Purifiers: Even if you have an air filter you may still want to consider adding an air purifier in Houston, TX. Purifiers use electricity or UV light to clean the air that is entering your home. These systems are great for handling everything from dust to viruses, bacteria, and even odor-causing particles.
- Humidifiers/Dehumidifiers: Did you know there is actually an ideal level of humidity that you want in your home? Levels between 30 and 50% are perfect for optimal comfort. Above this level is too humid and below it is too dry. If your home has to battle with humidity throughout the year, humidifiers and dehumidifiers can help balance things out.
- Insulation Services: Insulation plays a bit role in your comfort and your IAQ. It can prevent conditioned or heated air from escaping your home too quickly which would add stress on your HVAC system. Likewise, it keeps unfiltered air outside of your home, meaning that less dust and moisture are able to enter the house and mess with your comfort. If you need help with old, deteriorating insulation, we’ve got you covered.
- Duct Cleaning: Last but not least, don’t forget your ducts. Over time, dirt and other debris can settle in your ductwork and start to build up. This can harm your IAQ because anytime you turn on your HVAC systems, it will pick up particles from your ducts and bring them into your home. Duct cleaning addresses this by removing that dirty build up properly and leaves your ducts clean and clear.
Looking to clean the air in your home? We can help. Contact Fresh Air, L.P. to schedule an appointment.