Ductless air conditioning systems are extremely helpful in keeping your home cool and comfortable during summer–which is a pretty big job when you live in Texas. These are great options for older or smaller homes that can’t accommodate ductwork but still need reliable cooling power so you can have a livable indoor environment even when it is sweltering outside.
With all that said, while ductless AC’s are great systems, they are going to eventually require air conditioning repair in Sugar Land, TX just like a ducted system would. The technicians at Fresh Air, LP will be able to help with your repair services and we can help you figure out when you need to contact us for repairs.
How to Tell You Need to Schedule Ductless AC Repairs
Ductless air conditioners are able to provide both heating and cooling to your home which is great for your comfort but means they see twice as much wear and tear as a central air conditioner might. This can create AC repairs that need to be taken care of as soon as possible. Here are some warning signs that you need to schedule a repair service for your system to ensure you stay comfortable this summer and beyond:
- Loud and out-of-place sounds: Ductless systems are made to operate silently. If they start to make loud noises like screeching, rattling, buzzing, or hissing, you will want to reach out for repairs.
- Reduced airflow or cooling power: Have you noticed that your ductless AC isn’t putting out much air lately? Or maybe the airflow is strong but the air is warm. In either case, you will want to schedule repairs sooner than later.
- Short cycling: Short cycling refers to when your air conditioning system isn’t completing its cooling cycle the way it is supposed to. This is an issue that requires repairs ASAP.
- A clogged condensate drain: Over time, the moisture that collects on your evaporator coil and drips into the condensate pan can clog the drain with dirt and debris. Make sure to have a professional out to fix this part of your ductless AC.
- High electric bills: Ductless AC systems operate in a very energy-efficient manner so when something is wrong with them it will impact your energy bills in a noticeable way.
When your ductless air conditioning system starts to malfunction, the sooner it is repaired the better it will be for your monthly bills and your overall comfort. The key here is that this only applies to when you schedule your repair services with a professional technician. Only a professional such as the ones at Fresh Air, LP are going to have the tools, skills, and experience necessary to get your ductless system into working order again, whereas a DIY attempt or amateur service is more likely to cause further damage.
What’s more, our technicians can help to assess your home’s environment and provide solutions to optimize your indoor comfort.
When you need reliable AC services, contact Fresh Air, LP