The ductwork in your home helps move cooled or heated air throughout the house, keeping it comfortable. The HVAC works more efficiently when the ducts are clean, meaning there’s no buildup of material within them. If you haven’t done so in the last few years, consider the importance of air duct cleaning in Sugar Land.
What Can Build Up In Your Ductwork?
Small holes create leaks into your ductwork. If the air filters on your system are not properly cleaned, that can allow debris to get into the ductwork. What’s getting in there?
- Dust from the outdoors and within the home
- Fur and dander from pets
- Pollen from the outdoors that’s not properly filtered out
- Mold spores from any area in your home where there’s growth – mold loves ductwork as its dark
This debris can build up along the interior of the ducts, sometimes forming a thick mass of debris.
The 4 Signs You’d Benefit from Ductwork
How do you know there’s a need for air duct cleaning? There’s really no way to easily peer into your ductwork, but chances are good there are a few signs throughout your home that it’s time to get some help.
- A high level of dust on the surfaces of your home is a telling sign, especially when that dust is near air vents that bring treated air into the space, such as under a ceiling vent.
- Place your hand next to the air vent to feel the amount of air coming in. If it seems to be less than it used to be, it could be the result of a build-up of material.
- Increased asthma and allergy symptoms, such as coughing or feeling ill, could be a sign of a high level of build-up of pollen and other allergens.
- You may notice dusty air coming from your vents, which indicates there’s too much material in them to blow air through easily.
Why Have an Expert Clean Your Ducts?
It’s essential to turn to a professional for air duct cleaning. A professional will do a thorough job and will not damage the ductwork itself during the cleaning process. They will be better able to get all of the debris out of this network of ducts running throughout the home without dumping it back into the house.
Is This a Yearly Service?
It’s not necessary to have your ducts cleaned more than one time every few years. If you haven’t had the ducts cleaned in a long time, or ever, doing so now makes sense. If they have been cleaned in the last couple of years, you probably don’t need to have them done again. If a technician tells you it’s a yearly service, that’s not accurate, and you probably want to turn to another professional.
Are you noticing the signs that it’s time to get the air ducts cleaned? Doing so can help to improve your HVACs function, and it may help keep the dust off the furniture, too.
Contact a professional at Fresh Air, L.P. to discuss the process and schedule service.